STILLWATER, N.Y. >> Saratoga National Historical Park has scheduled a free music series each Tuesday in August.
Visitors are invited to bring a bag lunch, lawn chair or blanket, and listen to noontime concerts.
The following performances are planned:
* Aug. 1 — Ampersand, a family-friendly, upbeat musical group featuring vocal harmonies backed by traditional instruments.
* Aug. 8 — Triskele, the Capital Region’s premiere all-female Irish band.
* Aug. 15 — Dave Ruch, a full-time performer of historical and traditional music.
* Aug. 22 — Chordial String Quartet. This traditionally set-up quartet with two violins, a viola and cello plays classics through classic rock and beyond.
* Aug. 29 — Fort Ticonderoga Fife and Drum Corps. A vast repertoire of martial music of the Revolutionary War, from stirring to somber.
These events are free and open to the public. For more information call (518) 670-2985 or go to: nps.gov/sara.
click here to read more.